- Be sure your child is dressed appropriately for all practices and games. Shin guards, socks covering shin guards and cleats should be worn at all practices. All jewelry and watches should be removed. Balls should be properly inflated.
- Be sure your child arrives to practices and games on time. For games, please plan to arrive 30 minutes in advance. For skills sessions and practices, please arrive 15 minutes in advance. If you know your child will be late or won’t be able to make it to a practice or game, please let your coach know in advance.
- Help out with team volunteer opportunities. There are usually a number of items that require parent help.
- Get involved in playing soccer with your child. This may be helping out with a practice or playing in the yard on days your child doesn’t practice. Kids love it when their parents get involved and repetition is crucial for skill development.
- Be a leader and set a good example. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players and coaches at every game and practice.
- Respect game officials and accept their decisions.
- Cheer for your child during games but please do not shout instructions. Remember this is their opportunity to enjoy playing in the game. Much of the fun is lost if their Mom or Dad is always yelling instructions.
- Let your coach know if you have problems or concerns. Good communication between parent and coach is important. Or if necessary, contact a BJSA board member.
- Complete a coach’s evaluation form at the end of the season.
BJSA Parent Expectations (pdf)